12 Feb Valentine’s Day Date Night
My first video of 2019 is Valentine’s Day themed as well as long overdue. I decided to transform the infamous, Barbie Fashionistas Doll 57 – Zig & Zag – Curvy. This doll makeover transformation was inspired by the ever so talented Pat McGrath (specifically the Pat McGrath Labs Lust 004 Kits) as well as the commercialised celebration of love also known as Valentine’s Day. Despite being finicky and quite a step out of my Bratz comfort zone, I thoroughly enjoyed the process!
- Your client (a doll in need of a new look). I used Barbie Fashionistas Doll 57 – Zig & Zag – Curvy.
- Gold holographic thread or tinsel (any brand will do).
- A screwdriver.
- A rerooting needle or two.
- A needle handle/holder.
- Gold wire.
- Synthetic afro kinky hair (any brand will do).
- A tail comb or a needle. I used a needle as it is the best option if you want sharp and clean parts.
- Fabric glue.
- A hairbrush.
- Acetone (100%).
- Cotton buds.
- Gloss varnish.
- Acrylic paint.
- A paint brush.
- Red glitter.
- A paint palette.
- A blowdryer.
- Stud earrings.
- Push pins.
- Metal cuffs, beads, etc. (optional).
Everything you will need should be available via Amazon.